Monday, March 21, 2011

Taking a Break

I am off today, and working aroud the house.  I thought I would take a break for a few minutes and my mind wandered to cast iron.  I have everything stacked in a cupboard, but have to relenquish the space that I sort of just "claimed".  So without something decorative to display these beautiful pieces of iron in the dining room, I guess they are off to the workroom on the other side of the garage, also known as "the man room".  I suppose if I keep the doors closed, they will be okay.  Nothing else in the man room has ever fallen prey to humidity damage.  I feel sort of sad about doing this, though.  It takes everything out of the immediate area, which for some reason gives me the "out of sight, out of mind" feeling.  I guess I am emotionally attached to my cast iron.  Sad.  Weird.  Whatever.
I can't help but think, though, that it would be glorious to see a lovely wooden shelving unit in the corner of the dining room with a display of all the different sizes and shapes of iron.  Yummy!  While I have not started obsessing, I will admit to cruising retail sites looking at camp kitchens.  I am always looking at applications to outdoor life, especially campsite cooking.    These things are kind of cool, with the "folds up into a suitcase", and chinese puzzle fold up capability.  It seems like, though, the cooking surface is made to hold a propane stove, and not a sheet pan of charcoal and two dutch ovens.  Camp chef has some neat stuff, but when you don't feel like spending anything at all, everything is too expensive.  I am also looking at carts for the chuck box that is currently under construction.  I seem to be zeroing in on the portable table saw stand.  I know there is one out there that does not cost $300, but does everything I want.  We'll see.

Okay, break's over, back to work for me.  Doing the taxes...:(
Love and iron, Del

No comments:

Post a Comment